Saturday, June 27, 2009

Award Winner - National Contest!

Tonight I found out that I won first-place in Polymer Cafe Magazine's texture contest (a.k.a. the "touchy feely texture challenge.") My Leafy Leah (a.k.a. Autumn Annie) entry merited a full-page photo (page 20) in the August 2009 issue. I went to my local Barnes & Noble bookstore tonight to buy up all 7 copies of the magazine. I plan to go to Michael's and Joann craft stores to buy up any copies they have. It'll be awesome to have this on display in my booth at upcoming shows. The editors quoted the description I submitted word-for-word (misspellings and typos are theirs, not mine); the wording is very silly, but good "catchy" alliteration.

Click the scanned image to see larger size.

However, I went to the Cedarburg Strawberry Festival today and discovered I did not win the T-shirt design contest. (The winner was a Cedarburg high school student.) Below was my entry for that, as well as a photo of the winning one.


No comments:

Post a Comment